with heart rhythm disorders
in the coronavirus era
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted health care systems across the globe. The electrophysiology practice, and specifically cardiac rhythm management, is no exception — presenting new challenges for health care providers caring for patients with heart rhythm disorders.
Watch this on-demand symposium from Abbott Cardiac Rhythm Management to hear from medical experts from across the Asia Pacific region about navigating these challenges.
A special thank you to the Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society for the opportunity to co-organize this event.
Panelists will discuss cardiac rhythm management amid the COVID-19 pandemic and review the following topics:
- Management of patients with heart rhythm disorders, including pre-op assessment
- Procedural considerations, including how to increase the safety of device implantation in hospitals
- Follow-up and education for patients implanted with a CIED
- The effect COVID-19 will have on the delivery of patient care, including the options available for managing an outpatient clinic
- Potential long-term implications of COVID-19 on the practice of electrophysiology and cardiac rhythm management
- Prof. Yuji Nakazato, Juntendo University, Tokyo
- Dr. Ning Zhou, Tongji Hospital, Wuhan
- Dr. Arisara Suwanagool, Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok
- Dr. Katherine Fan, Grantham Hospital, Hong Kong
- Dr. Stephen Pavia, Wesley Hospital, Brisbane
- Dr. Balbir Singh, Max Hospital, New Delhi